Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hola From Peru!

Hello My Dear Friends and Fellow SM's!

I made it safely to Pucallpa, Peru and have enjoyed my first days here so far! God is so good! Kristin & I are learning some Spanish, meeting people, etc before we head out to the medical boat to put are nursing skills to work on the Amazon this Thursday for a 3 mos stent before coming back to our "homebase" in Pucallpa.

Here's a quick taste of Peru: The people are very friendly and live in huts or brick houses with tin roofs if they are more well off. The temperature has been probably in the 90's with a good amount of humidity. In terms of wildlife, there are alot of dogs, chickens, and birds to name a few. The first night before I went to sleep I did "Pest Control" in our room which entailed: killing spiders and catching a beady-eyed, brown gecko. I can only wait until we go to the jungle to encounter more exotic creatures! I haven't seen nothing yet! However, The mission property is beautiful! It overlooks a a lake silouetted by coconut palms and banana trees. I wish I had the time to tell you more right now, but I need to go.

I know God has a wonderful plan for Kristin & I, as well as each one of you! I can't wait to see what's in store! Please keep us in your prayers as we endure culture shock, mosquitos, boa's and so on:) I will try to write more later! But, until then, may God bless each one you abundantly as you serve Him where ever you are!

In His Love,

Linda Ferguson, RN

P.S. (I'd love to here from you-here's my contact info:

email: lmferguson@southern.edu
blog: linda-missioneru.blogspot.com
myspace or facebook:)

No comments: